Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Day After

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday!
When I got up, at 10:15 (YES!!), Big Daddy had made me a pot of coffee. He had left to go get us breakfast and it was wonderful! I did nothing for the rest of the day!
Around 6:00 we started getting ready to go out to eat with my family. I had no idea where I wanted to go, but I finally decided on Red Lobster. I love crab legs and I've had a cravin' for some for awhile now.
We picked up Papa and Nana (my parents) and headed to Gastonia. My sister, Doodah and her husband Chad, met us there.
Here's my crab leg plate. Aren't they just lovely?
I gave my baked potato to Robbie, because I was saving all of the room in my belly for those crab legs!
After we finished eating, my sister and her husband bought me a dessert. It was a HOT chocolate chip cookie that had melted chocolate inside of it, topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with fudge sauce. After the staff sang to me, hee hee, I shared it with everyone and we LOVED it!
I just had to get a picture of Robbie eating his shrimp loaded with Ranch Dressing! That boy loves him some Ranch! Finally, we were done. Robbie was mesmerized by the tank full of lobsters. Mama, Big Daddy, and Papa all took turns taking him to the big tank and letting him look at them!
On the way out, my daddy grabbed a toothpick. Robbie had to have him one too, so I snapped this cute picture! You can barely see it in my daddy's mouth, but Robbie's toothpick is easily spotted. I was a nervous wreck and told him probably fifty times, not to poke his gums or cheeks. He did pretty good!
So there ya have it! Our pictures from my birthday dinner with the family--and not a one of me in any of them! Dang...I had me a good hair night too! Oh well...maybe some other time! HAHAHA
We're off to go swimming at our friends, Jan and Wayne's house this afternoon.
My brother in law, Chad, is going to be doing the cooking! I can't wait because his grillin' skills are smokin'!
Happy Fourth!
Be Blessed!

6 comments:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Loved this post!! So glad you had a great birthday!! And hope your 4th is wonderful!!

~Beth

Cheryl said...

Yummy Red Lobster, good choice! Glad you had a great time, you have had a big birthday!

Ginger said...

Happy b-day a day late! So glad you had a great day. Enjoy the 4th with your family. :)

What's next said...

glad you had a good birthday! I love love love crab legs - I always just add on the extra crab legs to what ever my husband orders at Red lobster or Joe's crab shack...
happy 4th...

Unknown said...

Nothing worse than having a GOOD hair day and not having it on film especially when you had a dern camera! Hope you had a GREAT bday! Looking forward to the beach!!! Luvs

Amanda Beaty said...

Bless it, I have a picture of you at Red Lobster with your good hair day going on...I'll have to send it to ya!! Love you sissy!!