Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finished Product!

So, I ended up pulling out that horrible row on the square I made last night!  Remember how the verigated yarn made the last row look crazy?
So, I pulled it out and left it alone.  Then I remembered that I had an old shower curtain in my stuff.  I loved that shower curtain's fabric and couldn't bring myself to trash it.  It finally got it's use now!  I used it to make a pillow for the square.  It's nothing fancy, but I totally love it!  Looks great on the couch with all of our Valentine's Day stuff here at The Doublewide!

My mother's mama passed away this past October.  We weren't very close because she lived about 4 hours away and didn't see each other often.  I would talk "crochet" with her and I remember spending some time during the summers as a child at her house.  When the "Mile A Minute" crochet series was very popular, she helped me figure out a pattern and was tickled that she could help me.
When we adopted Robbie, we made the drive to let them meet him when he was about 6-9 months old.  She gave me two different baby blankets for him.
When my sister gave birth to my nephew, the week before Mammaw Doris passed away, Sawyer had some booties, a baby scarf, a hat and a baby blanket that Mammaw made for him.
She never got to see him though.
After the funeral, my aunt sent me a size G crochet hook and a pattern book that was mammaw's.  She said she would go through everything and send more later.
We never heard from her, but that was ok.  I'm still going through stuff from my Mammaw Frances' things and I'm not one of those people who get greedy when somebody dies.
Tuesday morning my cousin gave me this:



Her mother, my mammaw's sister in law, sent this to me.  She said my aunt was handing them out to the brothers and sisters after we all left.
Thank you Aunt Jane for sending this to me.  I am so happy to have it!
Updated to add the link to the heart square:
CLICK HERE

No comments: