Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Lot Can Happen in a Week

Hey Y'all! I think it's been a week since I last posted! We've been busy as usual around The Doublewide!
First of all, we had a great time at the beach. If you've ever been to Myrtle Beach before during vacation, let me just say this: She ain't what she used to be! I miss The Pavillion, The Magic Attic, those old arcades that were open on both sides so you could feel a breeze while you played Skee-Ball, etc. Now most everything has been torn down and empty/vacant lots make me sad and make me wish that Robbie would have been able to experience that. Here's the lot where the old Pavillion used to be:We DID get to go to Family Kingdom, which is actually an older park with several rides. That was fun and he rode so many rides!
Since we've been back home, Robbie has insisted that he sleep in his OWN bed. He's slept with us almost all of his life and I'm so proud of him! I can actually read before I go to sleep or sprawl out and actually have my whole side! Me and Big Daddy ain't little things so we're kind of squished in our little queen-sized bed as it is, but it's much better for all of us, I'm sure.
I tried taking Mammaw to the doctor yesterday, but she was too weak to be able to get in the minivan with only my help. My daddy has a HORRIBLE cold and was not even able to hold his head up yesterday, so I had to get her there myself. I've been able to do it in the past, but it just wasn't happening yesterday. Me and my sister Doodah take turns getting off of work and taking Mammaw to her appointments but daddy always goes with her. I ended up having to call and reschedule her appointment for next week so hopefully daddy'll be able to help me or Doodah. That half day off was nice though. I ended up sleeping for about an hour on the couch before going to get Mammaw ready.
My 20th year high school reunion is coming up this weekend. Robbie's going be spending the night with his Nanny and GrannyPaw, which are Big Daddy's mama and step-dad. I hope to have a great time and see lots of old classmates.
I'll end with some of my favorite beach pictures! Take care!
Hope you have a great day today!
Be Blessed!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love your pics and so glad ya'll got to go. I looked for ya, but as you know the place was really crouded!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

He is such a beautiful child...truly. I know what you mean about Myrtle Beach. We used to go and stay at a little mom and pop place by the name of Cato Villa, about four or five blocks from the pavillion. LOTS of great memories.

What's next said...

looks like a fun time and good crab legs!

Aprons and More said...

Sad to see it has changed! Went there for the week after HS graduation...back in the day! How 'bout The Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe it or Not? Loved the toothpick 18-wheeler! Many fun times were had there by all!
Thanks for the memories!

Katy :)