Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hellooooo Weekend!

I am so happy to report to y'all that THE WEEKEND IS HERE! It's official! Get your jammies on or get busy cleaning!
Lil R spent the night with his Pop Pop and Mimi last night and is spending time with them today. Big Daddy and I treated ourselves to a movie last night! If you've been wondering about whether or not to go see "MALL COP" I highly encourage you to go!

It was great and it's PG rated. Great to take the kids--nothing bad at all! We laughed and laughed--so get online and check your local listings, and go tonight!
If you live in Gaston County, take a trip to Lincolnton to the Carmike Cinemas out past Wal-Mart and watch it there. The tickets are only $7.00 each. I think it's right at $10.00 if you go to Gastonia, and it's worth not being so crowded. The theater is a little outdated, but in a good vintage sort of way.
Today I plan on catching up on our laundry. Man do I have piles of it here at The Doublewide!
I also will get the Kitchen Tree decorated for VALENTINE'S DAY! Yipee!
I already have all of the snowmen stuff tucked away in a big tub for next year. The tree's coming along nicely, but I'm not loving the pom-pom garland on the tree. I'm thinking I'm going to have to put it somewhere else.
My secret wish today is to get in the van and go to my favorite Thrift Stores. I sure do love me some thrift store shopping.
Big Daddy and I contemplated (wow! Big WORD!) driving to Boone this morning and eating a great breakfast at The Dan'l Boone Inn. Just check out the breakfast menu:

-Breakfast Menu -Family Style Breakfast
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Country Ham
Sausage
Grits
Fresh Stewed Apples
Biscuits
Redeye Gravy
Cream Gravy
Cinnamon Bread
Black Cherry Preserves
Orange Juice/Beverage
Is your mouth watering yet?

But--we'll stay here and visit Boone another time.
Have a great day today--doing whatever you choose to do!

1 comment:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I just love your blog!!

I know you've enjoyed the little one staying with the grandparents....I know my girls love it when I keep my grandkids so they can have some free time to themselves.

Have a great weekend!

~Beth