Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Goodies and Great Things!

Hey Y'all!
Have you ever participated in a SWAP of any kind online? If not, I encourage you to do so soon! Man, I have and I'm glad I did! I was lucky enough to get in on the Valentine's Day Swap that was hosted by Belle. She drew my name to be partnered with her and my goodies arrived today! Look at what all she sent me! Inside of the box, just as soon as I opened it, was a sweet sweet note! I really really enjoyed reading words from a friend! As I opened the box and took everything out, here's what I had:

I can't decide on what was my favorite! I shared these with my daddy because mama had to work tonight so it was just us at supper. He thought it was neat-o and he had fun looking through everything with me!
After supper, some more family and a few friends dropped in. I promise this house is the Kool-Aid house. Remember? I just love a house full of friends and family!
As we all piled in the den, I pulled out my crochet and started working on a hat from a really cute pattern I found on the internet. Here's a picture of me sporting the hat! Man my bangs really need cutting and looking at the picture, I realize I should have put on some lipstick--but I guess you will survive!
Remember my Valentine's Day Pom-Pom's that I bought? Here's what I made with them today! Here's my Pom-Pom Garland, all wrapped up and ready to go on my tree:

And here's my Pom-Pom heart plaque that I made too!

I also found some cute heart pokes at Hobby Lobby this past weekend. I have this cute thing sitting in my windowsill in my kitchen. I'm teasing my family and friends with what's to come decorating for Valentine's Day here at The Doublewide! And I wanted to show you my polymer clay snowman necklace that I made awhile back. I always get lots of compliments on it when I wear it! If you like the blue one, you should SEE the pink one! Whoa-baby!Also, just wanted to update you and let you know that my Pink Milk Glass collection is growing. Slowly but surely!




And this is a fine farewell to my snowmen decorations. Even though this sign will come down sometime this week, my heart still prays this prayer everyday!
Here's the "January Tree" this year!
Now, let me hush my mouth and go to bed. Look what's waiting on me!!
Enjoy your night tonight and your day tomorrow!
May God richly bless you and hold you in the palm of HIS hand!

7 comments:

Tardevil said...

I love all of your gifts. I should have participated, but was a big chicken. I didn't think I could find enough good stuff to send. Loke your loot! And of course, I love the snowman tree. I thought about doing an angel tree for v-day, but can't seem to find the inspiration. Love the snowman sign too. Feeling your pain since we didn't get much snow last week!

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

OH, what fun! I had not heard about SWAP....how do you get involved with that! You must tell me!! :o)

You are very creative....I do not have a creative bone in my body!! Never have!

Have a blessed day!

~Beth

Michelle said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your posts.... Somehow, though, it makes my brain hurt to think of the Michelle I knew in college sitting down to crochet! : o )

Kim's Treasures said...

You sure got some nice gifts! Love the pompom garland!

Have a great day!
Kim

Unknown said...

You are so crafty..can I come take Home Ec from you this year? Maybe you can teach me how to sew and cook..Josh would love that!

Ginger said...

Your post is so cute! I absolutely love the "Let it snow! I'm a teacher" sign! I teach too...could have used a snow day today!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm so glad that you like everything. I just love reading about your life and your family. The swap was fun...we'll have to do it again.