Monday, August 23, 2010

One of those Days.......


Hey Y'all!  I hope you have had a wonderful weekend!  As usual, ours FLEW by us and before we knew it, it was Monday morning!
I'm in a funk today--kindof numb, depressed a little, hmmm...I dunno.  You ever have one of those days?
I had to speak in front of a group of students this morning and then in front of a group of parents as well.  This was for our 6th grade orientation where kids and their parents are invited to come and spend a few hours getting to know the teachers and how everything works.  I really am praying for the parents of these kids.  I can't even imagine how hard it is to send your child to middle school.
I dropped Robbie off this morning at daycare for the first time.  Once we got there, got his blanket and extra set of clothes put in his cubby, we walked outside where I would leave him with his teachers and friends.  I stopped before we rounded the corner and gave him a big hug.  It was harder this year because this will be the last year I get to do this since he starts kindergarten next year.
Anyway...as soon as we began the small climb up the sidewalk to the playground, one of the kids recognized him and they began screaming his name.  His teacher met us first at the gate to the playground and he just hugged and loved on her.  I'm really glad that Miss Chris and Ms. Joyce are such loving teachers and are Christians.  I know my boy is in great hands.  It made Robbie so happy to see all of his friends that he's missed and talked about all summer.  On the other hand, it made me very sad to have to leave him there and head to school.
Our students will be here on Wednesday as that's the first day of school.  I have LOTS to do, so I must leave for now!

1 comment:

What's next said...

hope you had a good first day of school! It was very hard to send mine to middle school... even harder that I think I'm noticing 6th grade attitude!