Thursday, January 21, 2010

Terrific Thursday

Hey Y'all! I hope you've had a great week so far. We've really been enjoying the North Carolina Pre-Spring weather this week....until today...it's cold and rainy out, but the nice warm sunshine was great while it lasted!
Me and Big Daddy were able to get Robbie's bedroom cleaned out this past Saturday! I am so happy to have that huge, black cloud moved from over my head! Woo-Hoo! I do have to apologize though, because I didn't take any before/after pictures, but trust me it is amazing how good it looks now and how organized everything is. To give you an idea of just how horrible it was, we got 4 LARGE/HUGE/INDUSTRIAL SIZED trash bags of old toys, game pieces, flash cards, trash, junk, etc. and 3 LARGE/HUGE/INDUSTRIAL SIZED trash bags of clothes, shoes, and coats that are too small! Bless it--poor youngin' ain't got a thing! ha ha Also, I wish you could have been there when he came home from Pop-Pop and Mimi's house to find his clean room. He said, "Mama! You cleaned up my room! It's so clean, I can't stand it!" ...and he said that in a good way!
The rest of the weekend was great and it was so nice having Monday off. Thanks MLK! I thought I would get in my office/craft room and de-clutter and clean it out....Big Daddy and Robbie took a little drive to visit with Big Daddy's mom. On the way over there, he called me to tell me that he was in the middle of getting a speeding ticket--that's all I'm going to say on that matter---I'm really really really ticked that he got a ticket...ok--I'm done.
Finally, I've been doing a little crafting here and there this week to keep my mouth clamped shut around Big Daddy. I'm too scared I'm going to be ugly and gripe about the ticket again, so I find something to do!
Here's what's kept me busy this week:
I crocheted a New Mini Scarf
I crocheted a new washcloth--loving this!!
Finished crocheting a LONG scarf
Made the cutest ever 'tissue paper twirls' heart and then glittered it!
Searched the web for a cute little heart crochet pattern...Found it! Besides that speeding ticket, that we won't mention again...things have been great this week!
Tomorrow is a teacher's workday, so I'm looking forward to catching up on some stuff at school! As far as cleaning goes, this is our weekend off....enjoy it!
Be Blessed,
Michelle

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Boy, you were really mad to get all that done. Ain't no point in getting a ticket, he was wrong and you are right.... Ok, I said it for you!

CatRoberts said...

Im proud of you for not mentioning Ronnie's ticket except 3 times. LOLOLOL..Hope your dad is doing better, praying and love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hai Mrs. Hersey! How are ya? I gotta new post up, lookit please! Thanks!