Friday, November 27, 2009

Full Bellies, Naps, Laziness, and a Wedding

Hey Y'all! I truly hope your Thanksgiving celebrations were memorable and were spent with the ones you love the most!
We had such a spread here at The Doublewide!
Here's what was on the menu:
Ham and Turkey (cooked by my wonderful, precious, loving and amazing brother-in-law!) haha
Green Beans
Green Bean Casserole (don't know why we had to have both?)
Three Bean Marinated Salad
Deviled Eggs
My mama's sweet potatoes (seriously--they will rock your socks OFF!)
Mashed potatoes
Tomato, cucumber and onions...all in one bowl and it's fabulous
My sister's cabbage casserole (this one is my FAVORITE--no kidding!)
My mama's homemade dressing (Me say YUMYUM EATUMUP!)
Rolls
My Pumpkin Pound Cake
Banana Pudding
and Big Daddy's Sweet Tea!
I had written a LOT more, but accidentally hit the sleep button on my computer keyboard and nothing saved! UGH!
So...I'm not typing all of that again...my little creative burst has already bloomed and busted!
I will say that we all got good naps and then I had to go tonight to play piano at a wedding rehearsal. Tomorrow's the wedding! One of the girls I teach school with is marrying a sweet man! Our families have known each other for years!
I'm really missing my Pappaw Fred lately. I know it's the nostalgia of the holidays and he was such a big part of them during my life. He's been in Heaven for 13 years now, and the empty part of my life is longing for the day when I'll see him again. It's so hard, as I get older, because there are so many changes and they fester it seems during the times when we're all celebrating and they're not here anymore. I'm sure you can relate.
Anyway...be sure to check back tomorrow for a post about "Pappaw's Pokes". It will bless you and hopefully will inspire you to do something for folks around you!
Until next time, be blessed!

No comments: