Sometimes I've found that a "blog entry" doesn't have to be a story, even though I have a few for you that I'm saving up and tweaking in my head lately! This post will be full of randomness and funnies. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do sharing them with you. I also hope you can relate and find yourself chuckling as you read them.
So....here's a few random things for you!
1. As I sit here typing, Robbie is in his bedroom across the hall. He's flicking the light on and off and saying, "Yellow...Black....Yellow...Black!"
2. Instead of going out to eat today after church, I came home and cooked for real! We had cubed steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits, and a jar of tomatoes that were canned. For dessert we had a wonderful pumpkin pound cake.
In case you're wanting this recipe, and who doesn't enjoy trying something different?, here you go:
Pumpkin Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Mix 2 cups of sugar, 4 eggs, and 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil.
In a separate bowl, mix 2 1/4 cups of flour with 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
I used a regular sized can of canned pumpkin. It was 15 ounces.
Mix the flour/cinnamon mixture alternately with the pumpkin into the bowl with the sugar, eggs, and oil.
Bake in a tube pan for 1 hour at 350.
Cream cheese icing:
Mix together:1 8oz block of cream cheese1 stick of butter2 cups of powdered sugar.
The cream cheese and butter should be at room temp!
3. Me and my sister sang "Farther Along" for the special music this morning at church. God was all over that place! We didn't have any accompianment music as we had practiced and planned to sing acapella. It was amazing. I love singing with her and one of our friends came up to us after church and said, "Girl....there is NOTHING like some sibling harmony! Y'all did wonderful!"
I give all praise and glory to Jesus for that too! He's allowing me to live out a dream of being able to sing in church with my little sister. Yep...she's pretty much the bomb!
4. I have started my Etsy shop and will post the link soon. There's only two things for sale right now, so it should be ready this week.
5. I hope this week at school is better than last week. Last week was one of those, "I could eat bologna and beenie weenies for the rest of my life if I could just walk out those doors!" You ever had one of those weeks at your job?
6. I am looking forward to being out of school on Wednesday for Veteran's Day. Big Daddy has the day off too, so we need to make plans for something special!
7. Robbie just ran in here and kissed my arm. I asked him why he gave me a kiss and he said, "Mama...you know!....It's because you're a good girl!" Thank you LORD for blessing me with this baby!
8. A friend of mine named Annie is so talented! She sang at mine and Big Daddy's wedding almost 15 years ago! She's now coming back to our church and she sang for the first time since she's been gone, tonight. I just sent her a message on Facebook and told her that my heart has missed being blessed by her talents! It's amazing how God uses us to bless each other through music!
9. I haven't done ONE BIT of Christmas shopping. I think there's 6 weeks left....Oh Lord, am I in trouble!
10. We were contacted last week about an adoption. The birth mother is 22 and single. She has a 3 year old, a 2 year old, and is due in 2 weeks with her third child. She wanted me and Big Daddy to adopt this baby. We were excited but I never could truly "wrap my mind around" the idea that this would work. I now know why....she emailed me and asked for $500.00 to help her pay her bills and to take care of her and the kids. I now know that even though we get excited and can't see things as they really are, God will show us what needs to be shown. I prayed for a peace about it and for Him to knock me over the head with it, if His will was for us to adopt this child. I'm disappointed, but thankful that God showed up...again!
11. I am addicted to The Biggest Loser on TV. Robbie has cried off and on this weekend because I deleted the show after we watched it. Tuesday night cannot come quick enough.
12. I am also addicted to Farmville, Happy Aquarium, and Fish World on Facebook. I am now rushing home to harvest crops and adopt pink cows! What has my life become?
13. I have signed up 2 girls to sell Just Jewerly last week! I also have another girl starting this week. God is blessing my little extra money job in ways I can't explain! I love having so much fun and making good extra money!
14. I'm looking forward to Tuesday night. Our Alto section in the adult choir is getting together and going to the fish camp for supper. After we eat, we're going back to the church to go over our part for the Christmas Cantata. I know we'll have a great time!
15. I'm wishing I didn't have to work. I feel that I am missing out on so much while Robbie's so young. I told my daddy today that I wished I could just make time stop and keep him this age. He's potty trained and is lots of fun! While I was playing the piano for our senior citizens lunch yesterday, Big Daddy gave him some paper and crayons. He took a bunch of little pieces of paper from a notepad and spelled out I-L-O-V-E-Y-O-U on them and had them ready for me. Big Daddy said he wrote the letters all by himself and didn't need any help spelling anything either! Wow!
Y'all have a great week!
Diy watercolor marquee letter
17 hours ago