Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hangin' In and Hangin' On



Whew---this week is FLYING by and I ain't happy about it. If y'all have any tricks on how to slow down the clock, please share with me! We've been busy doing Bible School this week. Robbie's class had 8 kids in it last night, but there were a lot of adults besides me and my cousin Kelly. So....it worked out good! I love working with the 2 and 3 year olds, but I'm so thankful I don't do it everyday! I love my middle school aged kids and am thankful that I have a job with that age group!
When Bible School was almost over, Big Daddy came to church. He wanted to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things to change the oil in his truck. I didn't "NEED" anything, but somehow managed to walk out of there with a buggy full of stuff and a $130.00 receipt! UGH! Am I the only one who can manage to do this?
I did get something I've been seeing on TV and have been wanting. Ended up buying two!
Wanna know what it was? Here you go:
These little under your bed shoe holder thingies are wonderful! I have gone through my closet floor and weeded out the shoes I NEVER wear. I am embarrassed to say that I have a huge garbage bag FULL of shoes to donate to our local thrift store and 24 pairs underneath my bed, and another shelf full! I do love me some shoes though, and I know I'm not alone here!
While we were at Wal-Mart I bought Robbie one of those little paint by number kits because he was real close to pitching a fit and well, for $4.97, I'll choose my battles. He wanted to paint it last night, but it was late when we got home so I told him that when the sun came back up, he could start painting!
Wouldn't you know the first thing he said when he woke up this morning was, "Mama....the sun's up. Can I paint now?" So...we put some newspaper out on his little table and opened the paints and let him begin his first (of many, I'm sure) artistry projects! The only colors he wanted to use were red, blue and green.
The picture was supposed to end up looking like this:
But instead, we got this:
So---I'm thinking I'll frame it and put it out at Christmas time since it's so festively done in those colors! HAHAHA
I just finished reading this book: I found it while browsing at the library last week with Robbie. I loved it and found out that it's the first of a series. This is Christian fiction and I strongly urge you to read it! Gone are the days of Stephen King novels, smut novels, trashy romances, etc. I am hooked on Christian Fiction and I just feel better when I read these books instead of other stuff that I don't think God wants in my head. Know what I mean?
So...if you're out and about, stop in your library or local book store and grab this book. It's a really quick read and now I'm gonna have to read the others.
Night before last I went to my sister's shop. She owns a vinyl graphics business that she does on the side. I made some lovelies and wanted to show them off. First of all, a new coffee cup for school. Oooh...I just love it! Then I decorated a water bottle. Whew-wee! I need to drink more water daily! Maybe this cute little jug will help me!
I decorated a new calculator for my desk:
Prissed up my cell phone:
And finally finished with decorating a crayon bucket for Robbie:
Also, I have a friend who works at a mill. I got a whole box of embroidery thread to play with on my embroidery machine!
My mama went to a yard sale and brought me back these pretties. There were more things, but I love old jewelry! Check out the framed fan! It was a dollar!
OK, I guess that's enough for you for today! It's 3:45 and my den looks like this:
There are Robbie's Marble Race game pieces all over the floor, parts of an Aggravation game in the floor, his painting drying on his little crayon table, two quilts that have fallen off the couch onto the floor, Lulabelle sticking right beside of Robbie (still in his PJ's), cards and marbles all over the floor!
You think I care? Lord NO! This is the stuff that memories are made of! Since my summer vacation is quickly coming to an end, I plan on enjoying every single bit of it--marbles and all!
Have a great afternoon!
Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

lol...I just love your post, never boring like mine.

Robbie's painting is so cute. Will be priceless being displayed at his wedding...hehehe

Unknown said...

Hope your last night at VBS is a great one tonight!!! Bailey was upset that she had to miss some because of her being sick and running a fever. That child LOVES her some VBS. By the way, I didn't get a chance to tell you that I LOVED LOVED LOVED the song you and Amanda sang Monday!