Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Successful Surgery!

Praise God that Robbie's surgery went really well yesterday. We had to be at the outpatient building by 7:15. That was NOT fun because neither me or Robbie are morning people--AT ALL!
He was happy to be there---like it was an adventure or something. I've been prepping him for about a week telling him everything that was going to happen. He kept telling the nurses that he was going to "donate his tonsils" today! It was precious!
They took us to a small room and we stayed there until it was time to go home. I snapped some pictures of him before and after surgery and I hope you enjoy them.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers. He's healing really well--it's almost scary how fast he's recovering. The "Negative Nancy" in me is just waiting for the ball to drop or something bad to happen, but I'm putting my faith and trust in Jesus Christ to pull us through this and to heal my little boy!
Before we got out of the van yesterday morning, we said a prayer and he added his little "Amen" at the end. It almost made me cry because I'm so thankful to God for everything!


Hopefully I can get my little "to do" list done today since Big Daddy stayed home today too.
Here's the list:
#1. Clean out the pantry and throw away food that's out of date.
#2. Clean out fridge and freezer.
#3. Do some laundry!
#4. De-junk (bah-ha) the dining room!
Hope you get your things done today that need to get done too!
Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awwww bless his heart. Hope he continues to do well. Will keep him in my prayers.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I'm so happy that all is well. He's such a big boy to have been so brave.