Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Monday...

Well I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend. We had Friday night and most of Saturday to ourselves since Lil R spent the night with his grandparents.
We did absolutely NOTHING but eat and hang out in the den all day Saturday! I don't think I even took my gown off all day long--that's how lazy we were. Those days are good and they're few and far between.
Sunday was great. After finding my crown and looking in the bulletin to check out our list of songs for the day, I decided that "Crown Him With Many Crowns" would be the song I'd play during the offertory. That got most of the choir giggling. My best friend said it wouldn't have been so bad, but the fact that I was banging it out made it more funny.
After church we came home and ate hot dogs for lunch and I took a long nap with Lil R. Then I went to choir practice and church last night.
I did manage to crochet this lovely little bookmark. I've not crocheted with thread that much, so this project was a challenge. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out though.

Also, as my students and I tackled their sewing a pillow project last week, one of my students' grandmothers sent a bunch of fabric that she no longer wanted and donated it. Oh happy day! I just love fabric and I enjoyed going through everything. She sent trims and lace, and lots of nice stuff. I found this huge piece of flannel type material. One of my students accidentally brought in quilting batting instead of polyfil stuffing for her pillow. I had some extra stuffing on hand so she wanted to swap instead of making another trip to Wal-Mart. So I took the batting and the donated material and made a cute and soft blanket for Lil R. He adores it!

I'm thinking he's gonna have a hard time keeping Lulabelle's little tail off of it though! Can you see his JOCKIES? He's doing sooo good with the potty thingie. That's all I'm gonna say though, because just as sure as I go to braggin' on him, he'll be in his room sneaking a dookie in his pants--for REAL!
Finally....you may have noticed that I still have my Valentine's Day decor up in the kitchen. Since St. Patty's day is tomorrow, I may decide to decorate the tree and cabinet tonight. If so, I'll show you tomorrow what I came up with.
While shopping awhile back at The Dollar Tree, one of my favorite stores, I found these precious little bunnies. They've already found their place in my kitchen windowsill perched up on a vintage pink crocheted doily!
Have a great night!

1 comment:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

I wish I had a desire to decorate for the different holiday!! I think it would be fun, but just have never pursued it! I know my grandkids would probably love it, too!

Oh, by the way. I found out we have a mutual "friend", someone you went to junior high with. Michelle Thomas (now Radley)! Well, she is my first-born!!!
What a small world! I had told her about your post when you lost your crown and got her to read it.

~Beth