Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Heavenly Accident and Cabin Fever

Well as I told you in the last post, I got my wish about the snow! We didn't have school yesterday or today and it's still out there lying around!
Here's what it looks like right now out my back door.
My Pappaw Fred used to say if snow lies around awhile that it's waiting on more. I say, "BRING IT!" My fat lil belly can't seem to get enough snow cream in it! Here's the first batch we made Monday. So anyway, a sweet lady that used to live down the road from me while growing up passed away yesterday. I was making a homemade strawberry cake to take down there and goofed up on the icing. I put too much strawberry juice in the cake and I'm almost embarrassed to take it down there, but hopefully they'll know it's the thought that counts and hopefully it'll taste great despite looking like a pink rectangular BLOB!
Needless to say, I had a LOT of icing leftover and I just couldn't throw it away, so here's what I came up with--all by myself!
Strawberry Puddin'
Here's the recipe:
Layer vanilla wafers in the bottom of an 8x8 glass dish
Cover with thawed strawberries
Next spread the "icing"
More vanilla wafers
More Strawberries
More Icing
Top with Cool Whip
Chill in fridge
Man--it's sure good!
Oh--here's the ICING part
1 stick of butter at room temp
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 cup of strawberries
Mix all that together
It's soo good that I named it Strawberry Heaven!
Try it--I promise you won't be disappointed.
I must admit that I do have some cabin fever though. I've been cooped up in The Doublewide since I got home Sunday afternoon after church.
I have almost got my laundry caught up and me and Lil R have played until we almost can't play no more! hahah
As I'm typing, he's in the bed taking his nap! Our sweet dog, Lulabelle, is piled up in the bed with him too! Couldn't you just kiss his face plum off?!
Big Daddy just got home. He's worked 12 hour days for the past two days and has told me to go ge a shower and get out of the house for a bit tonight. He's the best thing!
So--I leave you with a picture of Lil R's bedroom. This is what it looks like after two days of not cleaning up behind him. Oh, how I wish I could just SNAP my fingers and it'd be all clean!
Oh well--The Goodwill Store and The Dollar Tree are calling my name!
Have a great night!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

The cake looks delicious to me icing and all!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Take my advice and just go with the messy room thing. My kids, at 18 and 22 STILL haven't got the hang of picking up their rooms. It ain't worth the arguing...