Sunday, August 31, 2008

Waiting on Autumn

Oooh how I love Autumn! I cannot wait for it to get here. I get to wear my big sweaters and I don't have to keep my toenails polished! How wonderful is that?!
We've been pretty crazy here at The Doublewide over the past week. School has officially started and Lil R is back in daycare during the day.
It's amazing and sad how fast time passes. Only seems like yesterday that I was looking forward to summer vacation, being able to relax and spend long, lazy days with My Little Man.
He's not doing as well as I am. He cries every morning when we pull into the parking lot of his daycare. He immediately starts in with, "Mama--I go home?" It breaks my heart to take him to his classroom wiping crocodile tears off his cute little face, to drop him off. His teachers usually have to pull him off of me and I cry a little each time I walk out the front doors. Man I wish we were millionaires and I didn't have to work and was able to stay at home with him during the day. I know I miss out on so much, but we have bills to be paid.
Anyway.....back to FALL!
I can't wait for:
Stanley's CountryFest (Our small town's little autumn celebration/craft show!)
Colorful Leaves
Our annual trip to Lineberger's Pumpkin Patch
Apple Cider
Cool breezes
Walks in the woods
Apples EVERYWHERE
Pumpkin spice lingering somewhere in the doublewide
Friday nights at the FIRE PIT in the back yard
Our church's Fall Fesitval
Picking out a costume for Lil R
Taking lots of pictures of God's beautiful hands at work. By the way--Fall MUST be God's favorite season too---it's just too amazing with all the colors not to be
Coffee at 4:00 PM because it ain't too hot outside to drink it
Evenings on the front porch
Sleeping with the windows up
Four wheelin' on the farm with the family

Anyway---Happy Early Fall! Ooooh I can't wait!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oooooh, me too!!! I can't wait for rainy evenings with chili beans!! LOL