Monday, August 4, 2008

Lightnin' Fast Speed!

I cannot get over how fast this summer has flown by! It seems like yesterday that I was closing the door to my classroom and practically running to my car to get out of there!
Now I find myself longing...
Longing to smell dry erase markers
Longing toput my hands into a teacher mailbox only to shred junk mail (yes it comes to me at school too!)
Longing to step so lightly on my newly polished, waxed and buffed classroom floors
Longing to smell lemon cleaner as I clean all of my desks and chairs
and longing to get to blow pencil shavings all over my newly cleaned floors as I sharpen them all in preparation!
Longing to catch up on everyone's summer--students and teachers alike
It's a bittersweet ending to a wonderful summer. I remember the first summer we had Lil R here. I remember telling my sister that I couldn't wait until he was like 2 or 3 so that he could talk to me and I could run and play with him, read him books, give him snacks and snuggle on the couch. Now those days are almost a memory for now--only to live on in my heart and in his scrapbooks.
I must admit though, that I am ready for him to get back into a routine. It's so much easier and it's better for him to get interaction with kids his age. It's just that I know as soon as school does start, and I'm in a classroom with hormonal teenagers, I'm going to long for the sweet slow days of summer with my little two and a half year old running through the house saying, "Mama---Hooollllllddddd meeee! or Mama...whatchoo doin?"
Lord, thank You for my baby boy and thank You for giving me such a full heart!

No comments: