Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Been a Long Week!

Hey Y'all!


I'm so glad Friday's almost here! Robbie's been in daycare this week because I've been in a workshop group working on creating an AIG Math Curriculum for Seventh grade AIG teachers in our county. If you teach, you understand the jargon. If not, it's ok!


I am really looking forward to tomorrow and the rest of the weekend! After we finish the workshop, I'm on my way to the beach for a girls weekend with 7 other women. We have planned this for awhile and we're excited about getting to go and spend some girl time together. Poor Ronnie will have to be mama and daddy for the weekend, but I'm sure I'll make it up to him. I just love having a husband that says, "Go and have a great time!" when I ask if it's ok. A lot of husbands aren't like that and I'm lucky mine is so great!


I do worry about Mammaw though. Some of you may or may not know that my mammaw has dementia and even though she still lives alone, I am constantly in and out of there. Last night I spent almost an hour cleaning. Seems like I do this every other night because she makes messes and doesn't even know or remember that she has done it.


Her mind has been going slowly over the past 10 years, and of course it will continue to get even more worse as time goes on. This disease is a horrible monster and I pray everyday that God will let her short term memory improve. She can tell you anything you want to know about 'back in the day' but remembering something from five minutes ago is impossible. But she's my mammaw and I love her and as long as she's here I'm going to love on her and do everything I can for her.


Y'all have a great weekend and enjoy the pictures I took of me and mammaw about a week ago on her way to the doctor!

Me and Mrs. Thang

My Mammaw Frances

No comments: