Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Been Awhile...BUT It Won't Be This Long Again!


Hey Y'all!
It sure has been awhile since I've posted, but I promise it ain't gonna happen anymore.  I enjoy blogging and even more, I enjoy reading YOUR blogs and your posts.  There are a few of you that I check on frequently, even if I don't leave comments.
I miss blogging and it's time to get back on track.  There's too much going on in my life and I enjoy having a record of it all and I enjoy looking back and reading it too!


Sooo...
Have you ever heard of T-Yarn?
I found a video on Youtube that taught me how to cut an old t-shirt and make yarn.  If you're not bored to death right now, here's the video:

So, Robbie and I got to work!  I cut up an old t-shirt and had my t-yarn.  Then I went to the kitchen, got a packet of strawberry kool-aid and grape kool-aid.  Dumped them into two mason jars, and filled them with hot water.  Then I put them into one of my Mammaw's old soup pots, filled the bottom with about three inches of hot water and boiled the yarn into the jars.  Just like this...



Afterwards, I draped the yarn over the box to let it dry, then rolled it up into a ball.
After thinking about what I wanted to do with it, I decided it'd be best to make a hot pad with it.  So....


Isn't it cute?  I think so too!  It's not perfect, but it was fun!  Robbie and I had a great time making the yarn, and I'm sure we'll be doing it again really really soon!

Now...before I go, I wanted to show you this flower I made today:



It was super easy and I made it in no-time!  Here's a link to the free pattern tutorial in case you're feeling crafty!  

Y'all have a great evening!  I'll be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've been a bad blogger lately, too! We've just had so much going on the last couple of months. I'm hoping that maybe I can get back on track in the new year. Enjoy the rest of your break!