Saturday, July 17, 2010

Officer Wore Slap Out Reporting for Duty!


IS THIS NOT THE CUTEST POLICE OFFICER YOU'VE EVER SEEN?  Pop Pop and Mimi are in law enforcement and they bought this outfit for Robbie.  I love that "mean" look on his face!  hee hee
First of all, I have to say that I absolutely crack myself up sometimes....seriously...for instance:Around, oh let's say, June 1st, I begin creating a list of things to do during my summer vacation with Robbie.  Each year, I feel like THIS will be the summer we can truly enjoy--mainly because the daycare owner doesn't make me pay during the summer months as I keep him here with me, and his spot is there when I return to school, and because he's another year older every summer!
I jot down places in my mind that we can go visit.  Like...
#1.Our movie theater nearby offers free movies on Tuesday mornings at 10:00 AM that are G rated.
#2.  Half price admission on Wednesdays at Monkey Joe's.
#3.  Lineberger Park is about a 15 minute drive from The Doublewide.  They now have a cute train that you can pay $1.00 for the kiddos to ride.  Picnic lunch, time on the swings, ride the train, then head home to nap--sweet, right?!
#4.  Our church just purchased a new playground set for our kids.  That would be FREE and FUN too!
Then I thought about all of these cute little ideas for things to do here at home as well.
I am a horrible mother.  We haven't done ANYTHING on either list.
Monday marks Week 3 of our men being here to put down our laminate flooring.  Everything is everywhere!  Boxes, bags, piles, stacks, etc.  I am about to lose my mind!!  I'm sure when it's all done, I'll have to go back to school the next day!  UGH!
Now, I am probably THE BIGGEST fan of a little show on CBS called, "Big Brother 12."  So much so that I order Showtime so I can watch the live feed for 3 hours every night from midnight to three AM.  My sister and my mama are fans as well.  As I was watching it tonight, I fell asleep in Big Daddy's Big Chair.  I knew I was going to do it, but I could NOT make myself get up and go to my bed.  At 1:08 AM, my phone rings and it's Mammaw.  She says her chair is stuck and she needs to go to the bathroom.  So I drive across the road, to find that the plug had somehow worked it's way out of the socket!  Bless her heart!  Now I've come back home and cannot sleep!
Robbie is spending the night with Pop Pop and MiMi, so at least I'm not keeping him up.  Big Daddy could sleep through a hurricane, so here I sit rambling!
My daddy is still about the same....He is very weak and tires easily.  Guillian-Barre Syndrome is a monster!  It has temporarily stripped my daddy of any strength whatsoever.  He has HORRIBLE pain and can't seem to get any relief.  The meds they've prescribed aren't even touching his pain.  He sleeps for about 3-4 hours and then is wide awake and in misery.  He goes to physical therapy two times a week, but it's going to take time...how much?....we don't know!  Coming out of his Physical Therapy appt. this past Tuesday, he fell.  He stepped off of the curb too fast and ended up on the ground.  It is so hard to see My Superman so feeble right now.  My daddy is only 56 and has been able to do EVERYTHING all of my life.  His blood pressure is out of the roof, all of the time, and he is getting depressed because he can't function like he wants to.
I have been trying to cook for him and mama a lot so that she doesn't have to worry about what she's going to fix, and it gives him a chance to get out for a little bit and come visit.  Please pray that my daddy can get some relief from the pain and that God will heal him to a full recovery really soon.  Mama works at Wal-Mart in the deli on 3rd shift.  She hasn't worked since June 29th and doesn't know when she will be able to return since daddy has to have somebody with him around the clock.  She has some sick time and vacation time built up, but when that runs out, she may have to go back.  She turned in her paperwork today for Family Medical Leave, and they approved it on the spot.  Daddy is self-employed and hasn't worked since then either.  When you don't work, you don't get paid, so they're worrying about money and bills.  Please...just pray.
Now...as I leave you...I'm going to add some pictures of the progress so far, here at The Doublewide!
Give me a holler and let me know how you are!

Old dining room (2 pictures)


New Dining Room (same wall)

New Kitchen Shots


The old cabinet doors had mirrors in them.  We busted out the glass and I made these!

Also made a cute little valance to match since I had some extra cloth:


The fireplace is gone, but the ceiling will be fixed soon!

Hall floors aren't down yet, but new OSB boards are!

New flooring is done in the dining room, great room, and kitchen--except for the moulding around the floor's edge:  TOLD YOU EVERYTHING IS EVERYWHERE!
Y'all have a great weekend!



6 comments:

Cheryl said...

meteswaThe Doublewide looks good, thats a big make over. Love the paint ideals and you will love the hardwood.

I pray for your Dad, bless his heart. When one of my girls from work had it, was sad to watch her even try to walk.

Can't wait to see the complete make over...keep us update!

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

First of all, your little "police" man is absolutely precious!! I laughed when I say the pic!!

I'm so sorry about your dad, what he's going through, and of course, your mom having to be there to help him and all the anxiety that brings on....praying that God will touch and bless in a mighty way.

I was touched about your maw maw calling you about her chair being stuck....you are a blessing to your family, Michelle!! And God will bless you for all you do!

Love the "remake" of the doublewide!!

~Beth

What's next said...

praying for your dad and family! We did wood floors a few years ago and it was the craziest mess, I know what you're going through!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Y'all are having some kind of time over there. You are the most generous person...never complaining yet always there to take care of your meemaw and your daddy and others. The little guy's outfit is too cute and I am particularly groovin on those sunglasses!

Freddie said...

love the dining room! floors look awesome! the pic of robbie as a cop is hilarious!