Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Better, Buyin' and BUGS!


Confused about the title? Well, let me fill you in...

BETTER...

First of all Lil R is MUCH better. After two Rocefin shots last week, he's back to his sweet little self! We have been having the BEST time here at the doublewide. He makes me smile and laugh all day long. If I'm on the couch, he'll run in the den, jump in my lap, and give me a big hug and kiss and say, "Mama...I love you!" I'm so thankful for getting to hear that and getting to know what it feels like to be the mama of a precious little boy during the magical season of Christmas.
BUYIN'...
Big Daddy's parents took Lil R yesterday afternoon so that we could get a little shopping done. It was fun and we got most of it done in one day! I have made several of the gifts we're giving this year, but we ended up buying a lot yesterday too!
BUGS...
You know I had to save the best for last...
The other night we were in our bed getting ready to go to sleep. We had just finished helping Lil R say his prayers and we were doing the nightly saying of..."Night night...Sleep tight...Don't let the bedbugs bite". My mammaw always said that to us as kids and I still do it.
After all of that, Lil R looks at me and says..."Mama...I eat bugs!," and then busts out laughing. For five solid minutes, all I heard was, "I EAT BUGS!". It was so funny and after I told him how nasty that was he still thought it was hilarious!

We're off to make our yearly batch of chocolate covered peanut butter balls. Pray for my hands...That heavy dough makes my hands cramp!

Enjoy your day today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl I'm so glad that Robbie is feeling better and I hope that you are too! I hope that you enjoy your time off and have a wonderful Christmas. You did an excellent job on your song in the cantata, I didn't get a chance to tell you that Sunday morning. Love all of you!

Amy said...

YAY! Soooo glad Lil' R is doing better! I hope that you guys have a VERY MERRY Christmas!!! I'm going to make some chocolate covered bugs, Mmmmm :)