Friday, April 8, 2011

Telling Our Story....

Hey Y'all!
 Happy Friday!
Last night I had the honor of speaking to a group of pretty special people.   Way back in February, I was contacted by a lady at our county's DSS and was asked to speak at their annual Foster Parent Appreciation Dinner.  Of course, I accepted her offer and have been pretty stoked and nervous about speaking to a group of people who have such an important job.
So....the time came for me to arrive at the designated location...When I walked into the lobby of the church, I saw this....
 
I was so shocked to know that you can give your tithe before you ever enter the sanctuary and they'll take MC, Visa, and Discover...whew-wee!
Next, I found the room where we would be meeting for our dinner.  Look at the beautiful tissue paper flower table decor!  Stunning, right?

 We had a wonderful meal and I was excited to be sitting next to the director of the whole she-bang.  He retired from Ohio and has been in our area for 10 years.  An awesome guy!

Here's a close-up of the program for the evening...
and here's me with Misty and Cynthia.  


Misty (in the center) was mine and Big Daddy's adoption case worker.  She was the one who did all of our interviews and paperwork when we were in the process of adopting Robbie back in 2007.  She is wonderful and I really love her.  She also introduced me before I spoke last night and she said such wonderful things about us.  I am so thankful that God always seems to put the right people in our lives at the perfect time.  Cynthia (on the right) goes to church with us and was the reason I was asked to speak in the first place.  She pretty much is the stuff! 
Thanks y'all for asking me to speak and I really enjoyed being able to share OUR adoption story and how God moved and worked in our lives by sending us a son to love and raise.
  I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!  We are gonna be BUSY!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am still laughing at the ATM at the church! What in the world? I'm so glad that you did well being the guest speaker. I knew you would! You are are the bomb Queenie!

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

How very special that you were asked to speak...I love reading your stories about your Robbie! Always touching!!

Oh, and the ATM machine??? Well, it is starting to be a big thing in the larger churches!! Can't say I agree with that though....that's just me!

~Beth

Melissa said...

What an honor to be asked to speak!

The ATM....I know we're living in the age of technology, but that's just kinda tacky, to me!

The Kramer Angle said...

I've seen it all now! A tithing machine?!!! Crazy!

I'm so glad you were able to share your story - I'm sure you did a wonderful job!

Gail